Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Treating dry and irritated winter skin with the Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream

Find the product here Kiehl's !! Those of you who read the blog regularly know that oily skin is one of my biggest beauty woes. You’d think that all that excess oil would make my skin resistant to dryness and irritation in winter, but nope, unfortunately it doesn’t. It’s true that my skin remains oily even when temperatures drop way below zero, but just like so many others I still have to deal with dry patches and flakey skin in winter. So my skin is always oily and shiny no matter what season it is, but in winter it becomes moisture-deprived on top of that as well. Lucky me… It’s been freezing like crazy for a couple of weeks now and I can definitely tell that my skin has been getting drier and redder. Time for action! I didn’t have any super hydrating creams in stock though, with my oily skin type and what not, so I had to look for something new. Enter the Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream from this year’s limited-edition Kiehl’s & Haze holiday collection!


After a bit of research I learned that the Ultra Facial Cream is one of Kiehl’s bestselling cold creams and that it’s also one of the brand’s all-time staple products. The cream was first launched in 1970 (that’s when people still lived in caves and hunted mammoths, right?) and the fact that it still sells this well almost 44 years later just proves how much people love it. The Ultra Facial Cream is an intensely moisturizing face cream that promises to maintain the skin’s moisture balance around the clock, even in the most extreme wintry conditions. It contains Antarctine, a glycoprotein derived from glacier ice from the South Pole (how cool is that?!), the desert plant extract Imperata Cylindrica, Squalane, avocado oil and vitamin E. Together these ingredients promise to protect and hydrate the skin.

 Yep, that sure looked good on paper! But does the Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream actually deliver? The cream is white, odorless and has a very lightweight texture. That last part surprised me a bit to be honest, because I always thought that ultra hydrating creams would be very thick and heavy. But the Ultra Facial Cream isn’t like that at all, and my oily skin obviously appreciates that. The formula is very fast-absorbing as well and doesn’t leave my skin feeling greasy, and that was another unexpected but pleasant surprise. So with the Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream I can basically intensely moisturize my oily yet moisture-deprived skin without risking oil overdrive, perfect! After applying the cream my skin immediately feels softer and more supple, and all signs of dryness or irritation instantly disappear.


I was so impressed with the results that I decided to try the cream on the skin between my fingers as well. That part of my hands always gets very dry and cracked in winter, sometimes even to the point of bleeding. And yep, the Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream manages to instantly soften and hydrate the skin in that area as well, woohoo! I think we have a winner!

What do you do to treat dry winter skin? Have you tried any Kiehl’s products yet?

Be Iconic! AFI

No comments:

Post a Comment